Honeywell Thermostat blinking snowflake is one of the most common problems that you will encounter if you have the product at home. Thermostat is surely needed to control the temperature of the house and most of the time to keep the inside of the house nice and warm.
So, what if the snowflake indicator keeps blinking all the time? Here are some explanations related to it that you need to know.
Table of Contents
Honeywell Thermostat Blinking Snowflake Troubleshooting
The first thing that you need to do when you face Honeywell Thermostat blinking snowflake problem is not to panic as this problem is quite common.
The troubleshooting is pretty simple and will be explained down below. However, before that, here is the information about what the flashing snowflake icons really means and what cause it to blink all day long.
Read also : Honeywell Thermostat Error Code
Flashing Snowflake Icon Means
When the Honeywell thermostat screen flashing and the snowflake icon is blinking continuously, it means that the delay mode is on. The delay mode is when the thermostat will automatically turned off for about 5 minutes or so before turning itself back on. This delay mode is indicated by that flashing on the snowflake or “cool mode” icon.
Reasons Behind Delay Mode
Honeywell thermostat flashing snowflake is caused by the activated delay mode. What cause this delay mode to get activated automatically? It is done by the manufacturer to keep the compressor on the thermostat and the AC system well-maintained.
If the compressor is overused, it will get damaged permanently. So, it will require some rests from time to time and that is why the delay mode is established.
How to Remove the Flashing Snowflake Icon?
Now it is time to reveal the Honeywell thermostat troubleshooting step-by-step to get rid of the flashing snowflake icon.
- The first thing to do is to turn the thermostat off. After that, flip it over to open the battery compartment.
- Remove the battery from the thermostat. Then, wait until the screen is completely blank and turned off. It should take 3 to 5 minutes for that.
- After waiting for 5 minutes or so, you need to reopen the battery compartment and reinstall the battery. Make sure that the battery is reinstalled properly.
- Then, turn the thermostat back on and set the thermostat to “cool”. You need to set the temperature lower than the actual indoor temperature.
- Wait for several minutes and there should be no more flashing snowflake icon by now. The last thing you want to do here is to restart the thermostat.
- Restart the tool by turning it off one more time and then turn it back on after several minutes. It should remove the problem of the blinking snowflake icon.
Now the cause of the problem as well as its troubleshooting has been revealed. That way, you do not have to rush calling a technician to solve the problem.
Next time your Honeywell thermostat appears to have this kind of problem again, you can simply read the Honeywell Thermostat blinking snowflake step-by-step troubleshooting information up there.