Do you little to no idea on how to clean a Honeywell fan? As cleaning is a task that you are bound to do when you find the fan turn grimy, you may need a tutorial on how to do it.
These guides below will help you in case you have lost the manual or search for a simpler way to complete the cleaning work for tower fan, window fan, or humidifier fan.
Before you start reading them, note that it’s advisable to cleanse the devices at least once every month, so you can make it look more hygienic and improve its airflow efficiency.
Table of Contents
How to Clean Honeywell Tower Fan
- Unplug your Honeywell tower fan cord from the electrical socket first.
- Remove the dust and dirt on the outer and grille part by using vacuum cleaner or blower. If the dirt persists or the dust amount is pretty high, use pipe cleaner to clean the space and gaps between grilles.
- Before you take any necessary steps to assemble the fan, take time to identify its type. Lay it down on the floor and use screwdriver if the grille is attached by any screw.
- Disassemble the clips or screws that set the blades to the fan’s body right after removing the grille. Again, use screwdriver for this step.
- Use dishwasher cleaner to clean each part of the fan. Alternatively, you may create a cleansing solution by mixing soap and water then dip a cotton cloth on the mix. Wipe the grille, rear grill, and the blades carefully.
- Let the fan components to dry by air. After they have completely dried, reassemble their parts accordingly.
Honeywell Window Fan Cleaning
- The first step on how to clean a Honeywell fan, is to disconnect the fan from power source by unplugging it. Wait the blades to completely stop working before placing it on a flat surface like floor or tabletop.
- Use a vacuum hose and attach dusting brush to either of its end. Using a handheld vacuum provides better and easier maneuver to clean the grills and blades parts of your fan.
- Slide the vacuum hose to pick any lingering dirt and dust. Repeat for several times, and pay attention to grill gaps where the dirt most likely to settle.
- Remove away any lint and dust particles by spraying compressed air. Repeat for several times until the blades appear clean enough.
- Wipe the device by using dry microfiber cloth. Start from the top part, to the grill section, and then make your way down.
- Check if it’s working properly by plugging the fan back. If it does, then put it back and switch at your convenience.
How to Clean Honeywell Humidifier Fan
There are three time periods to regularly clean a humidifier fan. For daily cleaning maintenance, empty the humidifier device and refill it with recent water.
For weekly round-up, remove mineral scale by using a mix of undiluted white vinegar or bleach with water, in 1:1 ratio. For seasonal muster, you can use similar method and steps as the weekly one. Hope these guides on how to clean a Honeywell fan will help you in a way or another.