These guides below will help you if you have lost the manual or search for a simpler way to complete the cleaning work for the tower fan, window fan, or humidifier fan.
Before you start reading them, note that it’s advisable to cleanse the devices at least once every month, so you can make them look more hygienic and improve their airflow efficiency.
How to Clean Honeywell Tower Fan
Table of Contents
- Unplug your Honeywell tower fan cord from the electrical socket first.
- Remove the dust and dirt on the outer and grille part by using a vacuum cleaner or blower. If the dirt persists or the dust amount is pretty high, use a pipe cleaner to clean the space and gaps between grilles.
- Before you take any necessary steps to assemble the fan, take time to identify its type. Lay it down on the floor and use a screwdriver if any screw attaches to the grille.
- Disassemble the clips or screws that set the blades to the fan’s body right after removing the grille. Again, use a screwdriver for this step.
- Use dishwasher cleaner to clean each part of the fan. Alternatively, you may create a cleansing solution by mixing soap and water, then dip a cotton cloth on the mix. Wipe the grille, rear grill, and blades carefully.
- Let the fan components dry by air. After they have completely dried, reassemble their parts accordingly.
Honeywell Window Fan Cleaning
- The first step in cleaning a Honeywell fan is to disconnect the fan from the power source by unplugging it. Wait for the blades to completely stop working before placing them on a flat surface like a floor or tabletop.
- Use a vacuum hose and attach a dusting brush to either of its ends. Using a handheld vacuum provides better and easier maneuver to clean your fan’s grills and blade parts.
- Slide the vacuum hose to pick any lingering dirt and dust. Repeat for several times, and pay attention to grill gaps where the dirt most likely to settle.
- Remove away any lint and dust particles by spraying compressed air. Repeat several times until the blades appear clean enough.
- Wipe the device by using a dry microfiber cloth. Start from the top part to the grill section, and then make your way down.
- Check if it’s working properly by plugging the fan back. If it does, then put it back and switch at your convenience.
How to Clean Honeywell Humidifier Fan
There are three time periods to clean a humidifier fan regularly. For daily cleaning maintenance, empty the humidifier device and refill it with recent water.
For weekly round-up, remove mineral scale using a mix of undiluted white vinegar or bleach with water in a 1:1 ratio. For seasonal muster, you can use a similar method and steps as the weekly one. I hope these guides on how to clean a Honeywell fan will help you in a way or another.