Super glue is a type of adhesive with powerful and easy to use quality. It works well with glass material even with numerous applications. However, there is one disadvantage when it comes to this fixative: it can leave mess when get stuck to glass surface.
Here are a few great ways on how to remove super glue from glass with the correct materials and methods.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Super Glue from Glass Surface Using Acetone
In case you find a trace of super glue on some spots it’s not intended to be, avoid chiseling them away because it may damage your glass. Follow this guide on how to remove super glue from glass by using acetone below.
- Prepare acetone. This chemical liquid works wonderfully to soften and remove hard adhesive such as super glue. It is commonly found in household cleaners or nail polish removers. Look for the ingredients label on the product to be sure.
- Dip fabric on it. Find a soft cloth or rag and apply acetone on it. Press the fabric on the area where you want to clean and then let it sit for a while. Acetone will work its way to loosen up the glue’s hold. Keep in note as well that most liquid that contains acetone can stain several types of fabric materials, so you need to be careful.
- Use a razor blade to remove the super glue. You can peel the softened glue away starting from the rim of it. If the glue hasn’t softened yet, add more acetone and apply on the surface. Make the glue comes off slowly instead of forcing it. After completed, use clean fabric to wipe the glass.
How to Remove Super Glue from Glass Surface Using Toothpaste
Toothpaste is an easy to find material that safe to use both on the glass and plastic surface – even for glass lenses because it won’t damage the coat layer. If you are not sure about using toothpaste, you may want to test it first on a small part and see if it causes any damage.
On this tutorial of how do you remove super glue from glasses with toothpaste, you may use any plain white toothpaste, even the gel one. Follow the steps written below to do it correctly:
- Prepare warm water, toothpaste, and a fabric. Be careful not to use toothpaste that contains ‘micro-scrubbers’ because it may scratch sensitive types of glass.
- Rub warm water on the glue stain
- Put the toothpaste over the glue and then rub gently with fabric to remove it
How to Remove Super Glue from Glass Table
Removing super glue trace can be a challenge and sticky work. For glass table, you may use the acetone as mentioned on previous points. However, you need to pay attention to the following things below:
- Never scratch the glue with nails as it may damage and ruin your nails.
- Be cautious when using sharp objects such as razor or knife. They may cause scratch if they slipped and hit the glass surface.
- Use acetone as little as possible. There is no need to use the whole bottle of acetone just to get rid of the stain. Besides, you may risk to dry your skin as it is an alcohol-based product.
- Handle all materials and chemicals carefully. Make sure that you prevent spillage by being as careful as you can while working.
Glue trace is actually a hard mess that’s easy to solve. It can be cleaned easily by using simple method on how to remove super glue from glass above if you do it carefully and properly.