Modern automatic washing machines nowadays almost always come with error self-diagnostic systems. They can detect any possible failure and let the owner know by displaying code containing numbers or letters.
As one of the leading brands in the electronic appliances industry, the Samsung washing machine has a UR code to inform you if there’s an error occurring within the equipment.
Samsung Washer UR Code
Most Samsung’s UR code issues happen during the spinning process. They may occur due to the mode of cyclical spinning. The drum is started and stopped when it has reached the set rotation speed.
If, for some reason, misbalanced occurs, then the washing machine will try to speed the drum up a few times before stopping. This is where the Samsung washer error codes UR and washers from other brands are mostly displayed on the digital indicator.
Read also : Why Samsung Dishwasher Not Draining ?
The machine will inform of any possible failure as soon as possible to prevent further damage. You must decipher the UR code to understand various types of error problems.
Samsung Washer UR Code Meaning
Samsung washing machine fault codes are displayed whenever the machine is facing a specific problem. In the majority of cases, the codes are indicated on a digital display with two figures.
Here are some of the UR code series in both modern and older models and their causes of the problem.
- 1E – old code name is E7 to indicate an issue with the water level sensor.
- 3E, 3E1, 3E2, 3E3, 3E4 – old code names are EA, EB to indicate a motor defect.
- E4 – old code name is E1 to indicate an error of detecting water supply.
- 4E1, 4E2 – old code name is 4Ed to indicate an issue with water temperature.
- 5E – old code name is E2 to indicate an issue with water drainage.
- 6E – indicates a water heater that cannot function
- 6F – indicates an error due to an unknown reason, which must be consulted with the manufacturer.
- 8E – indicates an error of over current.
- 9E1 – old code name is PH to indicate an error related to power
- 9E2 – old code name is Plo to indicate an error related to power
Samsung Washer UR Code Fix
Here are steps on how to fix UR on the Samsung washer that is recommended by the manufacturer to do:
- 1E – Turn off the machine for 30 seconds, then turn it on the back and begin a new program.
- 3E, 3E1, 3E2, 3E3, 3E4 – Turn off the machine for 30 seconds, then turn it on the back and begin the new program.
- E4 – Examine the status of the water supply and check the water hoses and inlet fillets within the water valve.
- 4E1, 4E2 – Examine whether the water hose is connected to a hot supply instead of a cold supply (typically indicated with a blue tap).
- 5E – Examine any blockage in the pump filter on drainage. Inspect the drain waste connection and drain hose. After that, spin a cycle to remove any water inside the washing machine.
- 6E – Contact Samsung’s support team or customer service.
- 6F – Contact Samsung’s support team or customer service.
- 8E – Turn off the machine for 30 seconds, then turn it on the back and begin a new program.
- 9E1 – Turn off the machine for 30 seconds, then turn it on the back and begin a new program.
- 9E2 – Turn off the machine for 30 seconds, then turn it on the back and begin a new program.
Please note that if the issue persists even after you perform the suitable fixing steps according to the Samsung UR code displayed by your machine, you need to contact the team of Samsung’s customer support or customer service.
It shouldn’t be tough to contact as they have representative offices in more than sixty countries worldwide.